The Real Congregation :: Pete Townshend – Who He Is (Part Two) :: 11/27/12
Picking up where we left off last week, Marc With a C and Cap Blackard continue to explore Pete Townshend’s solo career. This episode focuses on the White City album and film, Pete’s dalliances with musical theater and radio plays, and Pete’s eventual relaunch and (sort of) conclusion to his Lifehouse experiment. All this and a healthy look at Townshend’s inimitable Scoop series. Things get pretty all over the place here, but all of this material is essential to understanding the finer points of one of the most important icons in the history of popular music.
- Face The Face :: Pete Townshend
- Give Blood :: Pete Townshend
- After The Fire (live) :: Pete Townshend
- Dig :: The Who
- A Fool Says :: Pete Townshend
- Now And Then :: Pete Townshend
- I Am Afraid (dialogue version) :: Pete Townshend
- Politician :: Pete Townshend
- Football Fugue :: Pete Townshend
- Maxims For Lunch :: Pete Townshend
- King Rabbit :: Pete Townshend
- Pure And Easy (live) :: Pete Townshend
- Imaginary Sitters: Meher Baba Piece :: Lawrence Ball
- Pick up Pete Townshend’s memoir, Who I Am
- Shop at the official Pete Townshend store
- Watch the first nine minutes of the White City film
- Watch Pete perform an earth shattering rendition of “I Put A Spell On You” from the Deep End Live! VHS
- See the video for “A Friend Is A Friend”
- Got 70 minutes to spare? Check out an entire performance of Psychoderelict here!
- More information on The Boy Who Heard Music
- A great site featuring explanations and screenshots of how the interactive Lifehouse Method worked for users.
REAL CONGREGATION LINKS:
- Chat about The Real Congregation on the Nerdy Show forums!
- The first installment of our Pete Townshend retrospective
- Our theme song is by The Evolution Control Committee!