The Real Congregation :: Pete Townshend – Who He Is (Part One) :: 11/13/12
It’s been a long time comin’, and you knew it was bound to happen one day. Marc With a C geeks out about the work of his very favorite artist of all time, Pete Townshend. With the help of Cap Blackard, this episode focuses mainly on Pete’s work away from The Who from the years 1970-1982. We dissect the genesis of Lifehouse, Pete’s never fully completed prophetic tale of future times (which also may have helped invent the Internet as we know it), get really in-depth about our shared love of the Empty Glass and All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes albums, and have our minds blown by the sheer quality of Pete’s home demos.
If you’ve ever been curious about why Pete Townshend is Marc’s Star Wars, Harry Potter and Doctor Who all rolled into one, this initial installment of a two-part episode is the place for you to start!
- Who Are You (demo) :: Pete Townshend
- The Relay (demo) :: Pete Townshend
- Bargain (demo) :: Pete Townshend
- Time Is Passing :: Pete Townshend
- Day Of Silence :: Pete Townshend
- Misunderstood :: Pete Townshend & Ronnie Lane
- Heart To Hang Onto :: Pete Townshend & Ronnie Lane
- A Little Is Enough :: Pete Townshend
- And I Moved :: Pete Townshend
- Stop Hurting People :: Pete Townshend
- Slit Skirts :: Pete Townshend
- Let My Love Open The Door (e. Cola mix) :: Pete Townshend
PETE TOWNSHEND LINKS:
- Pick up Pete Townshend’s memoir, Who I Am
- Shop at the official Pete Townshend store
- See a bit of The Who in action in the Tommy years from Marc’s favorite bootleg of all time!
- Get a feel for the original Lifehouse concept
- Hear “Get Out And Stay Out” and “Quadrophenic Four Faces” from Pete’s Quadrophenia demos
- A bit on the history of Meher Baba
- The original video for “Rough Boys”
- The original video for “Slit Skirts”, featuring an alternate take of the song!
REAL CONGREGATION LINKS: