The Real Congregation :: Cranberry Sauce Is My Blood Type 11/29/11
Your host, Marc With a C, starts out unusually subdued due to two consecutive holiday feasts that occurred just prior to taping this episode. Through the wonders of modern caffeine technology, he is eventually talking fast enough to stutter all over the place, to freak out over how good Pete Townshend’s just-unearthed Quadrophenia demos are, to play you a whole block worth of our “Strange Records Of The Week”, and also to ask for you listener feedback regarding the current pacing and format of the show. Come along for the journey, eh?
- Holidays In The Sun :: The Sex Pistols
- Black Mass :: Jason Crest
- 100% :: Sonic Youth
- Boogie Woogie Rock And Roll :: Komeda
- Quadrophenic Four Faces :: Pete Townshend
- Betty Wang :: Hospitality
- Old Dan Tucker :: The Dezurik Sisters (as The Cackle Sisters)
- It’s My Turn To Use The Sit & Spin :: The Gala Luncheon
- Hands :: Debbie Dawn
- Payola Blues :: Neil Young
- Nothing To Hide :: Yo La Tengo
- A Month Of Saturdays :: R.E.M.
- Jenny Artichoke :: Kaleidoscope
- Awaiting On You All :: George Harrison
- State Of The Art :: Gotye
- Chat about The Real Congregation on the forums!
- Info on the “Create the next I Fight Dragons video” contest!
- It turns out that the Gala Luncheon record is, in fact, available.
- Consequence Of Sound has the skinny on where you can see Sonic Youth’s final (?) show.
- See one of the only surviving clips of The Dezurik Sisters singing live right here!