The Real Congregation :: The Monkees – Part One :: 11/12/13
You’ve heard Marc With a C geek out about The Monkees for years. Are you ready to see what this fandom is really all about?
Mike Nesmith, Davy Jones, Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork were hired to portray a band in a television series. In the span of their first two and a half years, they’d go on to become a real, live, working band that outsold The Beatles and The Rolling Stones combined. Under the direction of Bert Schneider and Bob Rafelson, they’d also come to redefine television as we know it.
It’s safe to say that today’s entertainment landscape would be virtually unrecognizable without the influence of The Monkees. Marc With a C is joined by fellow Monkees fanatic/expert Chris Zabriskie for this two-part episode, with the first installment focusing on The Monkees “television years”!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (168.9MB)
- Last Train To Clarksville :: The Monkees
- This Just Doesn’t Seem To Be My Day :: The Monkees
- I Don’t Think You Know Me :: The Monkees
- She :: The Monkees
- Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow) :: The Monkees
- Of You :: The Monkees
- I’ll Spend My Life With You :: The Monkees
- Randy Scouse Git :: The Monkees
- Shades Of Gray :: The Monkees
- The Door Into Summer :: The Monkees
- Words :: The Monkees
- Auntie’s Municipal Court :: The Monkees
- Daydream Believer :: The Monkees
- Goin’ Down :: The Monkees
- Chat about this episode on the Nerdy Show forums!
- Chris Zabriskie’s official website
- Watch Chris Zabriskie’s lesson on copyright basics for Treehouse
- Watch Mike Nesmith’s screen test for The Monkees.
- Consequence Of Sound‘s article, “What If Stephen Stills Had Joined The Monkees?”
- Hear the Nez-centric episode of The Real Congregation!
- Watch Frank Zappa on The Monkees TV show
- Think we’re kidding about the druggy overtones on “The Frodis Caper”?
- Our theme song is by The Evolution Control Committee!