Atomic Robo: Nuts & Bolts :: Free Comic Book Day ’13 & Along Came A Tyrantula
It’s Free Comic Book Day! Join Brian, Scott, and Cap as they discuss Robo’s annual one-shot and the recently released digital-only comic Two-Fisted Tales: Along Came A Tyrantula. Both of these stories are tied together in that they were drawn first and scripted afterwards, conceived around the same time, and BOTH involve Robo getting his metal butt kicked!
In this episode we do something different: we time travel! Though, Robo would tell you that this is an impossibility (just like everything that comes out of Dr. Dinosaur’s mouth) it’s true! We go back to when the Free Comic Book Day issue was drawn and totally unscripted to delve deeper into the creative process than we’ve ever done before. Check out these uncolored doodle-rific pictures below so you can follow along (but not read-along, ’cause there’s no words, dummy!) Will Robo have tummy trouble? Why does Scott hate Thor? Who or what is Tyrantula based on? All these questions and questions YOU asked us in this episode! #askrobo
Atomic Robo Stuff!:
- Ask Brian & Scott questions in the next episode
- Get the Atomic Robo GAME! Atomic Robo: Violent Science
- Read the Comixology exclusive Robo Comic – Two-Fisted Tales
- Kickstart the Atomic Robo RPG Fate Dice!
- Read Atomic Robo: Real Science Adventures digitally!
- Buy other Atomic Robo volumes digitally!
- Buy Atomic Robo volumes!
- Read free Robo comics!
Free C0mic Book Day ’13: Behind-the-Scenes:
- Discuss Free Comic Book Day ’13 on the forums
- Boston Dynamics’ Big Dog robot
- Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye “The greatest transformers book being made – Scott
- Denver International Airport conspiracies
- Evil Hat’s Spirit of the Century Kickstarter
- Batnam Piderman
- Theo Jensen’s living sculptures