The Real Congregation :: We’ve Got You Covered! :: 3/4/13
So, we had a request for a microsode by one Geoffrey Voss. A request that we’d devote thirty minutes to the art of the cover song. The arrangements, how one is chosen, etc. Sir Voss also requested that we have Walt Ribeiro from For Orchestra along for the ride. And that sounded pretty good, but… it just wasn’t enough.
Instead? We’re devoting TWO HOURS to this wide topic, playing you some of the coolest and most interesting interpretations around. Your host, Marc With a C, knows that there’s no way to really wrap this episode up in a way that will please everyone, so he’s done his best to merely dip his foot into what is ultimately a very, very deep well. Come along for the ride, featuring an interview with Walt Ribeiro!
- The Rockafeller Skank (live) :: Black Francis
- All Along The Watchtower :: The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- I Can See For Miles :: Petra Haden
- Everybody’s Talkin’ :: Harry Nilsson
- Istanbul (Not Constantinople) :: They Might Be Giants
- Jersey Girl (live) :: Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
- Bedrock Rap :: Bruce Springstone
- Dancing Queen :: Salma & Sabina
- Fast Dick :: My Dick
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger :: For Orchestra
- Crazy Train :: For Orchestra
- You Keep Me Hanging On :: Vanilla Fudge
- Satisfaction :: Otis Redding
- Uptown Girl :: Me First & The Gimme Gimme’s
- These Boots :: Megadeth
- Freebird (live) :: Built To Spill
- Chat about this episode on the Nerdy Show forums!
- PopDose’s list of the best covers of all time. Do you agree?
- Chris Zabriskie’s “Meanwhile, in a Bizarro Universe” Spotify playlist!
- Watch My Dick try to keep a straight face while singing “Fast Dick”
- Check out For Orchestra’s official website!
- You haven’t lived until you’ve watched Vanilla Fudge do “You Keep Me Hanging On” live. Trust us.
- Our theme song is by The Evolution Control Committee!