The Real Congregation Archives
Hosted by nerdy indie musician, Marc With a C, The Real Congregation is a journey into one record geek’s music collection. Marc finds the best songs that you’ve never heard before, haven’t heard in quite some time, and in some cases – you’ll never want to hear it again. On this page you’ll find all the episode of The Real Congregation in chronological order. To view the episodes listed newest to oldest, go here.
During this time The Real Congregation was a radio show at Orlando/Winter Park’s 91.5 WPRK.
The Real Congregation debuts as a podcast on The Nerdy Show Network.
- Nov. 8th :: Wool Hat Optional!
Marc With a C’s guide to music geekery! The Nerdy Show debut featuring Cap and Hex!
- Nov. 15th :: New Horizons in Modern Science
Albums that never saw the light of day, untimely passings, interactive games, and more!
- Nov. 22nd :: Tales of Michael Nesmith
Michael Nesmith is one pioneering badass. Learn why with Marc and guest, Chris Zabriskie.
- Nov. 29th :: Cranberry Sauce is My Blood Type
A post-Thanksgiving feast music binge with Marc with a C.
- Dec. 6th :: Where Rock is Criminal…
The strange case of Os Mutantes, and why Marc’s dog hates the Tom Tom Club.
- Dec. 13th :: A Very Congregation Christmas
A Christmas mixtape from Marc with a C.
- Jan 10th :: Our Favorite Records of 2011 (Part 1)
Counting down Marc’s 25 favorite records of 2011. This episode: #25-13!
- Jan 17th :: Our Favorite Records of 2011 (Part 2)
Part 2 of Marc’s top 25 favorite records of 2011!
- Jan 24th :: A “Seminal” Chat With Steve Garron
Marc interviews unsung legend, Steve Garron of Precious and Potsie.
- Jan 31st :: That Good Time Feeling
Marc interviews The Evolution Control Committee and MC Wreckshin!
- Feb. 7th :: The Stereo Will Set Your Spirits Free
This week, Marc With a C needs to unwind, and so do you.
- Feb 14th :: Seven Inches of Less!
This episode Marc spins nothing but 7″s. They’re a good-length, and girthy!
- Feb 21st :: Ready for Ten Inches?
Marc gently eases you into an even deeper audio experience.
- Feb 28th :: The Full 12 Inches (Part 1)
Marc & Nicole are whipping out the first of two 12 inchers!
- Mar. 6th :: The Full 12 Inches (Part 2)
Filling you to the hilt with sonic satisfaction.
- Mar. 13th :: Karen Santorum Nude Pics (Part 1)
Marc and Jason Nesmith of Casper & The Cookies pay homage to Frank Zappa.
- Mar. 19th :: Karen Santorum Nude Pics (Part 2)
Marc and Jason Nesmith continue their voyage into Zappaland.
- Mar. 27th :: What the Devil’s Going ON?
After 6 weeks of themed episodes, it’s time to just play some tunes.
- Apr. 10th :: Conceptual Continuity (Part 1)
Marc and Cap share some of their favorite concept albums of all time!
- Apr. 14th :: Conceptual Continuity (Part 2)
Cap & Marc conclude their adventure into concept albums ’85 to present!
- Apr. 24th :: Record Store Day / One Day’s Diggin’
Marc’s buzz on RSD 2012 and this finds from a day of bin digging!
- May 1st :: Do the Hammerlock!
The stuff that audiophiles’ dreams and nightmares are made of.
- May 8th :: Elvis is Everywhere!
Not songs by Elvis, but songs about Elvis…
- May 15th :: All the Homeboys of Disneyana
Marc unveils his idea for a Disney theme Park that would knock all others out of the box.
- May 22nd :: Drawing the Lines with Blinker The Star
Featuring Jordon Zadorozny of Blinker The Star!
- May 29th :: More Beatles Than Beatles
Marc spins nothing but Beatles covers!
- Jun. 12th :: Audrey is a Good Host (Part 1)
Meet your new host, Audrey, Marc’s favorite TTS program.
- Jun 19th :: Audrey is a Good Host (Part 2)
Audrey IS a good host. A G-O-O-D HOST.
- Aug. 21st :: Returning to the Fold
Marc interviews Devo Spice.
- Sept. 9th :: Who Dealt This Mess Anyway?
Marc interviews Ed Sanders of The Fugs!
- Sept. 18th :: You Want It? Come And Get It!
Marc may have “possibly the ultimate nerdy record.”
- Oct. 2nd :: For Your Mind Grapes
Eardrum pleasure featuring Michael Melchor of Count3rCu1ture!
- Oct. 16th :: Alice Cooper, Model Citizen
Dig deep into the dungeon of Alice Cooper’s discography.
- Oct. 30th :: By The Numbers
Marc spins some new releases, digs up some lo-fi goodies, and gets unexpectedly funky.
- Nov. 13th :: Pete Townshend – Who He Is (Part 1)
Marc geeks out about the work of his very favorite artist of all time, Pete Townshend.
- Nov. 27th :: Pete Townshend – Who He Is (Part 2)
Cap and Marc conclude their journey through the music of Pete Townshend.
- Dec. 11th :: Get It On!
More awesome music and a world premiere of a Casper & The Cookies track that YOU get to name!
- Dec. 25th :: Cuddle – The Mixtape
Marc plays you a beloved cassette mixtape he made back in 2001
- Jan. 8th :: Our Top 20 Records of 2012
Marc counts ‘em down in in descending order, giving insight and highlighting tracks from each album.
- Jan. 22nd :: Direct Hits
Getting back into the proverbial groove of journeying through Marc’s record collection.
- Feb. 5th :: Inside of David Bowie’s Outside
Marc and Cap take us deep into David Bowie’s most complex concept album.
- Feb. 19th :: You Get Nasty, Girl!
If you like Fred Schneider impressions, and dick jokes…then boy howdy, this is your favorite episode!
- Mar. 4th :: We’ve Got You Covered!
An all-covers episode! Featuring an interview with For Orchestra’s Walt Ribeiro!
- Mar. 19th :: Post Lunch Tranquility
We can assure you that there’s never been a more bizarre episode of The Real Congregation.
- Apr. 2nd :: “Found Sound: Backward Masking Unmasked”
The truth on playing rock records backwards in order to find hidden satanic messages.
- Apr. 30th :: It Ain’t Braggin’ If It’s True!
New releases and a return to “The Journey”.
- May 14th :: Virtual Tours of Unmapped Cities
Marc’s gonna find a city. Find himself some songs about cities.
- May 28th :: Straight From “The Source”
Marc interviews Djin Aquarian of The Source, a 70s-era spiritual group and music collective.
- Jun. 25th :: Jitterbug Perfume
Record Store Day woes and a chat with Jim Myers of Milk Carton Superstars!
- Jul. 19th :: Hurry Up With My Damn Croissants
Continuing “The Journey” into Marc records, & proof that rock and roll is in safe hands with the youth of today.
- Jul 23rd :: Audrey is a Good Host (Part 3)
Audrey gets one more chance to treat you with a bit more respect. What could possibly go wrong?
- Sept. 17th :: An Eclectic Return
Hoo boy, if there’s a gamut, this episode will run it!
- Oct. 1st :: Attack of the Killer B’s
“The Journey” continues – this episode is nothing but B artists.
- Oct. 15th :: The Original Side of “Weird Al” Yankovic
No “White and Nerdy”, or “Eat It” here – This episode is all about “Weird Al”‘s homegrown tracks.
- Oct. 29th :: October Krispies
Geeking out to Brian Eno and Tim Dog plus a block o’ scarier tunes that seemed seasonally appropriate!
- Nov. 12th :: The Monkees (Part 1)
Marc is joined by Chris Zabriskie for this Monkees special. Part 1 focuses on their “television years”.
- Nov. 26th :: The Monkees (Part 2)
Marc and Chris Zabriskie conclude their Monkees retrospective with the murky underworld of 1968-1970.
- Dec. 17th :: Marc’s 15 Favorite Albums of 2013
Marc picks his favorite albums and tracks of 2013!
- Feb. 4th :: The Digging Returns
Marc plays only the vinyl found in precisely one day’s worth of record crate digging!
- Mar. 4th :: The Ides of Marc
“The Journey”: “Bu” through “Ca” including Byrne and Captain Beefheart.
- April 1st :: Episode My Eye
From Cheech and Chong to Belinda Carlisle – Marc’s Journey through his record collection continues!
- May 6th :: Make Believe In Asia
Please enjoy Marc’s musical whatnot. It’s unpredictable and sometimes rewarding. Just like this show. Just like life.
- Jun. 6th :: A Gateway to Robyn Hitchcock
Marc guides you through forty years of surreal pop, rock and folk music from Robyn Hitchcock.
- Jun. 17th :: Get Off The Ground
Marc says “screw it” and play whatever the heck he wants.
- Jul. 1st :: A True Stopgap
Sometimes you just need a chill episode where Marc unloads some zesty tunes.
- Jul. 15th :: The Greatest Band You’ve Never Heard – Menthol
At long last the story can be told: featuring Menthol lead guitarist and vocalist Balthazar De Ley.
- Sept. 2nd :: Flatline Attitude
Marc plays some of his “comfort music” and a generous helping of Strange Records of the Week.
- Sept. 8th :: Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of War of the Worlds
Cap and Marc delve into one of the most unusual breakthrough hits in Nerd Music history.
- Sept. 16th :: Ballad of the House
Marc attempts to separate art from artist, and talks about the impossibility of having a true “guilty pleasure”.
- Oct. 7th :: The Origin of Squiddy
Before “Love My Little Squiddy”, The Great One was an inside joke from TRC‘s radio days. This is that story.
- Oct. 21st :: Fifth Anniversary Episode
Fans of the show call in, share Real Con memories, and celebrate five years of music memories.
2016 & Beyond
The Fake Congregation
When you least expect it, Cap from Nerdy Show puts on a music show made from 100% imitation krab.
- Jan. 3rd, 2011 :: Filmation’s Congregation
Cap has jacked the airwaves – who knew you could pirate a podcast?
- Apr. 3rd, 2012 :: Canned Cherry Surprise
You’ve stumbled down a manhole at the avenue of time and space…
- Apr. 14th, 2013 :: Indefinite Hibiscus
Cap is bumpin’ the hepest frooty jubes in the quad-cube region.
- Aug. 6, 2013 :: Experiments in Palindromes
An experiment in musical palindromes – even the episode itself is a palindrome!
- Aug 20th, 2013 :: 2fer Tunesday
Double shots by awesome artists, it’s a 2fer Tunesday!