Nerdy Navigation

Posting Questions

Home Forums Forum News Forum Questions and Suggestions Posting Questions

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #24324
    Gundamking
    Blocked

    Be more specific. Where does it say that.

    #24327
    ViralDemon
    Participant

    @Finakechi You have to go into the sub-forums to start topics. You can’t start them on the main forum page.

    #24328
    Gundamking
    Blocked

    That’s not true for me. I might be blinded by admin privileges though.

    #24332
    dayofthehippo
    Participant

    @gundamking yeah… at what time can we start threads, and is it in this space time continuum or do i need to jump streams?

    meaningless repetition is the hobgoblin of little minds meaningless repetition is the hobgoblin of little minds meaningless repetition is the hobgoblin of little minds

    #24333
    Gundamking
    Blocked

    Do you get the same error? Is it only on the front page thread creator or all sub forums as well?

    #24336
    dayofthehippo
    Participant

    sir, yes sir, just the front page… it did allow me on the subs…

    meaningless repetition is the hobgoblin of little minds meaningless repetition is the hobgoblin of little minds meaningless repetition is the hobgoblin of little minds

    #24341
    Finakechi
    Participant

    Yeah just the front page for me too

    #24343
    Trent
    Participant

    Almost nothing is posted to the main page (https://nerdyshow.com/nerdyforums/), you must drill down to the appropriate sub-category (ex: https://nerdyshow.com/nerdyforums/forum/forum-news/forum-questions-and-suggestions/) and post new threads there.

    It’s like clothing. Sure you could just heap all your clothes in a pile on the floor. But that makes finding anything annoying. and eventually, your dirty clothes are going to get mixed in with the clean to the point where you just say “screw it.” and send the entire contents of your floor through the wash, clean or not. The better solution is put everything neatly in drawers / on hangars, and put soiled clothing in the laundry basket.

    The main page just shows a list, gathered from the sub-categories, of the most recently posted in threads.

    * I was considering making my analogy more tech oriented; “You shouldn’t save all your files to desktop or ‘C:\’. Organize them in folders.” but I’ve done too much tech support for family and friends… The Horror. The Horror… 😯

    #24344
    Kaosubaloo
    Participant

    As an aside it is also nice for me. The old forum didn’t actually allow posting on the main page either. What it did let you do was go from the first page to posting on the *News* sub-forum. This had the result of filling that forum with a whole lot of stuff that should have been elsewhere, which generally led to myself and other mods having to move all that stuff into the appropriate sub-forum. The moral is that posting in the right place from the beginning is so much better for everyone.

    Guess who, it's Kaosubaloo!

    #24347
    Gundamking
    Blocked

    #24394
    Trent
    Participant

    95% sure it was a compliment. the other 5% is the beer talking.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The forum ‘Forum Questions and Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Random Nerdy Show Network Posts

Skip to toolbar