Nerdy Navigation

1.3.1 and what that means for the server (in the short term)

Home Forums Minecraft Server of Awesome 1.3.1 and what that means for the server (in the short term)

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Keymaster

For the moment there is no working version of bukkit for 1.3, which is a bit surprising, but I believe they have hit a snag in the community as it comes to plugins (hopefully they’ll get that sorted soon). Anyway, what that means for all of us is that the server will be running vanilla for the near future. That means that any of you with /home /spawn etc won’t be able to use it. SO FIND A BED FAST. Anyway, if/when you guys here that a working copy of bukkit is out send me a message and we’ll get on it.

Head of Science and Technology for Nerdy Show.

Anonymous
    Inactive

A dev build of Bukkit is out. Until we get bukkit running, any chance of nerfing the mobs?

Wage
    Participant

Well, that or maybe just regress the server version back to 1.2.5 until Bukkit catches up. The bugs are many.

lingarn
    Participant

I will accept whichever solution brings back my powers. #powerless #withdrawl

Seriously, though, it is expected we will have a new bukkit within a week or so, yes? If that is the case, I think we can probably manage okay — as long as lawmen are actively paying attention for all those things that mods make impossible.

Also, it’d be nice to have signs readable.

Kaosubaloo
    Participant

If you see a blank sign, please do not replace the sign. This is bug in the present version of Minecraft and the sign still has its data, it is only not displaying properly. You *should* be able to read the signs properly by reconnecting to the server.

You are not the first person to ask about this, so I thought I’d right out the full situation. It’s inconvenient sure, but my main concern is preventing people from messing with signs because they incorrectly *think* they are blank. Please don’t do this and spread the word to everyone else.

Guess who, it's Kaosubaloo!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t fap without Bukkit 🙁

lingarn
    Participant
    Jon
    Keymaster

OK, 1.3.1 bukkit is operational on the server, had to update our chest lock plugin too. Everything should be fine, if there is something amiss report it here.

Head of Science and Technology for Nerdy Show.

Flawedspirit
    Participant

*sniff* It’s beautiful. I promised myself I wouldn’t cry….

So I won’t. Anyway,

Can lawmen have /mute (and possibly /unmute) now? Also, there’s some lingering damage at spawn that didn’t get fixed before it got Residence’d back up, so I can’t fix it. (Specifically, there’s a bit of a crater where a merchant stand was.)

I noticed that the bedrock coffins were gone, so I assume Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dumber found their way onto the ass-end of a “bans.txt?”

Despite what my username says, I am certifiably flawless.
    Please echo "all complaints and suggestions" > /dev/null.

Wage
    Participant

Warped to the Enderman farm to grind out some enchanting levels. Got about 40 levels in, warped back home, levels were gone. Don’t know if that is by design, but it never used to be that way.

Mjolnir
    Participant

Apparently the way you place blocks is now direction specific? I forsee many frustrated players cussing up a storm.

MjollnirMK86 on the Server of Awesome. Formerly Polysics.

"I'm just breaking the laws of physics. It's no big deal."

Anonymous
    Inactive

oh yeah, the stairs are tricky now

Trent
    Participant

protip – aim at the top half of the side of a block, stairs are place upside down, slabs are placed on the top half. Aim at the bottom half of the side of a block, stairs are oriented ‘normally’, slabs are placed on the bottom half. Sometimes it glitches out a bit. Aiming at the top or bottom of a block works as it did before.

Logs now rotate more, orienting themselves so the rings face the user. If you’re repairing trees or structures that use logs this can be more than a bit annoying.

Both new orientation behaviors take a little getting used to, but overall I find both changes superior.

curlz2112
    Participant

Recently on the server (meaning when 1.3/ bukkit came out) I have been experiencing a lot of lag. Chat lag, block lag, and just general lag, that makes it so I pretty much can’t do anything. I recently have even lagged so much that i randomly die. I’m not sure if this is just me, but if any one else is experiencing it, please let me know.

Wage
    Participant

Oh, by the bukkit-load. I take tons of damage just riding the rails (when the cart is actually ON the rails … the server seems to have trouble relaying position to the client, so you end up either off the rails floating on the side or even inside of the blocks the rails sit upon). It seems to me that there’s a bug with lag regarding your position between the client and server side. Never had that issue with 1.2.5 on our server.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Random Nerdy Show Network Posts

Skip to toolbar