Nerdy Show Microsode: European RPG Video Games
When The Nerdy Show Network’s flagship podcast isn’t unloading on the latest geek news and happenings, we’re diving deep into super-specific discussions and interviews.
Where you’re from greatly influences who you are – especially so when it comes to creative output. So it should be no surprise that for indie game studios out of Eastern Europe, the stories they tell and the games they make are distinctly different from the usual faire: games like Metro 2033, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Gothic, and others.
Cap, Trench, Arkais, Luke, and Tony explore their favorite titles in the often overlooked, sometimes obscure, and always fascinating world of European RPG video games. We look for what makes these games decidedly different (outside of a lack of major corporate funding), discuss the books that inspired them, share our personal highs and lows, and, of course, spend plenty of time talking about the best known title of them all, The Witcher.
Thanks to Sebastian Schlingmann
Support Nerdy Show!
- Nerdy Show Shirts
- Support the show
- Shop on Amazon via Nerdy Show
- Rate & review us on iTunes
- Other Nerdy Show Stuff!
- The Witcher series: The Witcher | The Witcher 2 | The Witcher 3
- The Witcher novels: Book 1 | Book 2 | Book 3 | Book 4 | Book 5 | Book 6 | Book 7
- Mount & Blade
- Metro 2033 / Metro Last Light Redux
- The Metro novels: 2033 | 2034 | 2035
- GOG – Good Old Games
- Gothic | Gothic 2 | Gothic 3
- Our science fantasy microsode