Lightning Dogs: The Official Paw’dcast :: Episode 19 :: The Lightning Rod
Ride with The Lightning Dogs: canines from another world; stranded on a post-apocalyptic Earth. It’s a crazy idea fueled by our favorite 80s pop culture and we’ve been recording our development of it since the moment lightning struck. Join us on our quest to build this world and launch it as an animated series.
In this episode we make some important decisions about our heroes’ main rides. You’ve heard us pin down the Lightning Dogs three distinct vehicles: The large, armored utility vehicle; the Brutus, the small scout; the Fido, and our all-terrain signature vehicle, the Rover – aka the Lightning Rod. The Lightning Rod is almost done, but one key detail remains: what is it like on the inside?
That might sound like a simple enough question, but it becomes a real point of contention as we discuss how characters would interact in our hypothetical animated show, the best way to load in action figures, and other design choices that could drastically affect our final vehicle. Then we take the conversation to the Brutus and Fido – laying groundwork for what they do and don’t do that influences our whole design process going forward.
- Lightning Dogs: The Official Paw’dcast Theme :: Level 99
Lightning Dogs Links:
- Lightning Dogs main page
- The Lightning Dogs Street Team
- Art Galleries: Instagram | Tumblr | FurAffinity | DeviantArt
- Fan Art
- The Lightning Rod turnaround by Max
- Max’s Lightning Rod interiors and gauge clusters
- Max’s animated Lightning Rod gauge cluster
- Max’s Brutus concepts: Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3