Lightning Dogs: The Official Paw’dcast :: Episode 17 :: Thing Names
Ride with The Lightning Dogs: canines from another world; stranded on a post-apocalyptic Earth. It’s a crazy idea fueled by our favorite 80s pop culture and we’ve been recording our development of it since the moment lightning struck. Join us on our quest to build this world and launch it as an animated series.
When last we talked vehicles, we were simply paving the way for the designs to come. We discussed the influences we wanted to pull from and kicked around a few early mock-ups for what kinds of cobbled together junk cars the peoploids would be cruising around in.
Now, Cap, Doug, Tony, and Max are ready to zero in on the cars at the heart of our series: the Lightning Dogs’ sweet rides. And, of course, no vehicle episode would be complete without some fascinating detours into the stranger realms of car culture. We explore crystal-powered engine designs and what that technology might mean for the look and sound of the cars, ask hard-hitting questions like “does Glampire need a signature vehicle?”, and build vehicle and accessory concepts backwards from a repository of “thing names” – random punny titles that would have been right at home in 80s and 90s action figure aisles.
- Lightning Dogs: The Official Paw’dcast Theme :: Level 99
Lightning Dogs Links:
- Lightning Dogs main page
- The Lightning Dogs Street Team
- Art Galleries: Instagram | Tumblr | FurAffinity | DeviantArt
- Fan Art
- Max’s crystal engine designs
- Max’s radial crystal engine photobash
- Max’s vehicle sketch pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
- The final design for the Rover aka “The Lightning Rod”
- The list of “Thing Names”
- Tony’s early Lightning Rod sketch
- Animated Engines
- McDonalds’ Back to the Future TV series Happy Meal toys
- “The Beast of Turin”
- Firing up The Beast of Turin for the first time in 100 years