Nerdy Show 278 :: Grandma Tarkin
The Nerdy Show Network’s flagship podcast unloads on the latest geek news and happenings!
It’s the end of the year, so chances are good you might be spending time with some family this week. And since that’s the case, chances are also good you might come home to an empty seat at the table, because someone you love is no longer with us. Hey, it’s been a tough year for celebrities, why not normal people too? But don’t fret, friend, because just across the uncanny valley lies a place where all your dead family members can be recreated in CGI. Pretty soon you’ll be in the familiar embrace of Grandma Tarkin. And she’ll look at least as good as our cut-rate Photoshoppery.
Join Cap, boR, Nicky, and Brandon as we serve up a piping-hot Christmas meal of Rogue One opinions and our latest television and gaming experiences. We expound on Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency, Final Fantasy XV, and the game we all slept on this year: Quantum Break. Oh, but that’s not all, friends – we talk about the Tickle Me Elmo of the lonely salaryman this season: Gatebox, your very own rudimentary A.I. waifu companion. Well, we’ve got some thoughts on that AND recommendations on how to make your own on a budget!
Discuss this episode on the forums
Support Nerdy Show!
- Support the show
- Shop on Amazon via Nerdy Show
- Rate & review us on iTunes
- New Nerdy Show Shirts
- Other Nerdy Show Stuff!
boR’s Alternative Waifu Kit (Build Your Own VR Gatebox):
- Waifu Sex Simulator WARNING: NSFW
- The Headset: HTC Vive | Oculus
- Controls: Leap Motion Controller
- Home Automantion: Amazon Echo | Amazon Dot
- Pleasure Center: Tenga Flip Hole | Vorze
Nerdy Show Links:
- Our Top 20 Nerdy Things of 2016
- Our Star Wars podcast: State of the Empire
- Our Rogue One review
- Our Nerdcasting the Multiverse Thanksgiving Special
- Our microsode about the Genesis
- Dungeons & Doritos
- Watch Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency
- Douglas Adams’ Dirk Gently books: Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency | The Long, Dark Tea-Time of the Soul | The Salmon of Doubt
- Superman: American Alien
- The new Pigs in Space
- Gatebox – Virtual Home Robot
- “Hot Robot At SXSW Says She Wants To Destroy Humans”
- Bina Rothblatt’s A.I. recreation, Bina48
- Get thee a Playstation Plus membership
- Quantum Break
- The latest Zelda: Breath of the Wild video
- Pre-order Rockstars by Joe Harris