Lightning Dogs: The Official Paw’dcast :: Episode 9 :: Home Sweet Homeworld – Part 2
Ride with The Lightning Dogs: canines from another world; stranded on a post-apocalyptic Earth. It’s a crazy idea fueled by our favorite 80s pop culture and we’ve been recording our development of it since the moment lightning struck. Join us on our quest to build this world and launch it as an animated series.
In our quest to flesh out our canine heroes’ origins, we first needed to learn a thing or two about where they came from. Enter the unconventional, worldbuilding RPG: Microscope. In our first round with the system we created an outline of the homeworld’s history – from the moment humanity abandoned their canine compatriots, to The Lightning Dogs’ departure back to Earth. Now, we’re going deeper and adding in details such as the ways that leftover human technology informed an industrial revolution.
But that’s not all, we also spend some time with new concepts for wasteland fauna and vehicles, as well as a potential first contact scenario for the Lightning Dogs and Earth’s remaining robots, and even… a spin-off?!
- Lightning Dogs: The Official Paw’dcast Theme :: Level 99
Lightning Dogs Links:
- Lightning Dogs main page
- FINAL CHARACTER DESIGNS FOR THE WHOLE CAST
- Art Galleries: Instagram | Tumblr | FurAffinity | DeviantArt
- Fan Art
- Our first Domus Microscope episode
- Cap’s sketches of the spider bike and the orchid grasshoppers
- BigBadShadowMan’s wasteland cow fanart