Bad Storytellers :: Episode 24 :: The Season-Ender
Bad Storytellers is a podcast about writing and things that are written. Join four friends on the road to becoming professional writers as they unleash new stories on-air, criticize each others’ work, discuss pop culture influences, and conceive on-the-spot trailers for imaginary films.
In this episode, we discuss the new Ghostbusters film and have a spoiler-free discussion about Stranger Things (with a spoiler-laden discussion tucked safely away at the very end). Liam brings in his revised and much improved first chapter of his story, and Josh turns in his most difficult chapter yet! But that’s not all – we’ve been gifted with two fan submissions for critique!
Join us as the gang says farewell until next season. We hope to see you all again soon.
This episode’s writing submissions:
- Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Murakami
- The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler
- The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
- The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- Waystation by Clifford B. Simak
- The Chrysalids by John Windham
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Films/ TV Referenced:
- Stranger Things
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
- They’re Watching Us
- Ghostbusters (2016)
- Central Intelligence
- The Act of Killing
- The Look of Silence
- Bad Storytellers on Nerdy Show
- Discuss on the Forums
- Bad Storytellers homepage