Bad Storytellers :: Episode 02 :: Second-Hand Memories
Bad Storytellers is a podcast about writing and things that are written. Join four friends on the road to becoming professional writers as they unleash new stories on-air, criticize each others’ work, discuss pop culture influences, and conceive on-the-spot trailers for imaginary films.
In this episode, the gang talks about used books, conceptualizing a story, outlining, and worldbuilding. Then we wrap-up by creating a sweet little tale about an unlikely hero who just wants to know the truth.
This episode’s writing submissions:
- Josh – “Malcolm Hatt” Worldbuilding Notes
- Liam – “No More Bad Weed Kisses”
- Max – “Job Insecurity” Second Act
- Doug – “Sleepy Hollow” Updated Outline
- The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
- The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
- Hornblower: Beat to Quarters by C. S. Forester
- In the Presence of Mine Enemies by Harry Turtledove
- Incognito by Ed Brubaker and Sean Philips
Films and TV Referenced: