Nerdy Show 221 :: Journey Into the Cyber-Net
Put on your safety glasses, ’cause Nerdy Show is soldering up some science and technology!
This is a Microsode 2-pack! Microsodes are where fans choose the topics we discuss, and this is two of them mashed together. Cap and our resident sci-tech experts Jessica and Jon team up with hosts from across The Nerdy Show Network to provide expert infotainment.
First up, Trench88 wants to know about cybernetics – and it turns out most of us don’t really know what the word means. Brandon, along with a special guest appearance by the Fleming Bros. of Wicked Anime, do their damnedest to make pop culture comparisons. We come up with our own definition of “cybernetics” as well as put some tasteful new spins on “cybering”.
Next, Nerdy Show fan Viral Demon asks: “The Internet: How Does It Work?” We’re joined by boR of Derpy Show and Doug, but things are not what they seem. While Cap professes his secrets of the REAL Internet, boR serves as a very un-derpy font of knowledge; dropping some raw truths and squeezing fresh Internet juice. All that plus visions of the virtual net to come, quantum computing, and the joys of holographic chat roulette.
- Ghost in the Shell
- Deleted Sex Scene From Tron
- Honda’s Asimo
- Asimo Dancing
- IBM’s Open Source Watson Analytics
- The American Society of Cybernetics
Nerdy Show Links:
- Our Previous Sci-Tech Episode, “Futuresight”
- Wicked Anime‘s Hardcore Anime Night at The Geek Easy
- Wicked Anime‘s Monster Hunter Weekends
- Get the Nerdy.FM app
- Read Our Article on Universal’s Nintendo Theme Park
- Read About Jessica’s Visit to Hobbiton
- Become a Nerdy Show Contributor
- Our Episode “Food Crawl”
- Our Bacon Adventures With The Protomen and Loveless Cafe