The Real Congregation :: Flatline Attitude :: 09/02/14
What an odd world we live in. Marc With a C takes a month off from The Real Congregation and feels invigorated, but alternately old and in the way. Clearly, the best remedy was to find some songs to illustrate some of Marc’s “comfort music”, as well as to play a generous helping of our Strange Records of the Week. And folks, we mean it. These are strange, and as such, we should warn you that the contents are NSFW and should only be heard by folks over the age of 18. Seriously.
Also, we need YOU to help us make the interactive episode we’re planning for the fifth anniversary of The Real Congregation. Like, we actually need you to do a thing, otherwise the episode won’t exist. Don’t worry, it’s painless, and Marc will explain it all to you in the episode. Ready, set, needledrop!
- Mama Weer All Crazee Now :: The Runaways
- So Far So Good :: Sloan
- Omni :: Casper & The Cookies
- Blue Jean :: David Bowie
- Go :: Tones On Tail
- Underneath The Stars :: Felony
- Disco Suicide :: Phyliss, Karl & Angela Harris
- Sanctified Lady :: Marvin Gaye
- In The Kitchen :: The Normal Majority
- Without Your Love, Mr. Jordan (Part Two) :: Charlie Ross
- Pretty Vacant :: Los Punk Rockers
- The New Breed :: Donald Fagen
- While You See a Chance :: Steve Winwood
- Trouble Every Day :: Frank Zappa
- Chat about The Real Congregation on the Nerdy Show forums!
- More info on how YOU can be on our fifth anniversary episode!
- Part one of our Frank Zappa spectacular, featuring Jason Nesmith!
- Check out the “World’s Worst Records” blog!
- Order a copy of Marc With a C’s “Bubblegum Romance” on vinyl!
- Our theme song is by The Evolution Control Committee!