The Real Congregation :: The Ballad Of The House :: 09/16/14
We’re here, right now. Let’s take advantage of that with a monster-sized episode of The Real Congregation. Everything could be gone in the blink of an eye. For all you know, you could wake up tomorrow in some Caprica-style artificial heaven, and you wouldn’t have fully seized all of your days. You don’t want that guilt transferred into your afterlife, and believe me – guilt is transferable. So is every bad memory, everything left undone, and remembrances of every plant you didn’t water. Those plants go with you to your afterlife, except now they can communicate with you. You’ll try to reason with them, and while they’ll ultimately be content in the digital afterworld of your design, the plants will mostly want to know why you decided to kill them on top of being too busy to listen to The Real Congregation.
In this episode, Marc With a C attempts to separate art from artist, talks about the impossibility of having a true “guilty pleasure”, and plays a few strange records, but it’s all futile in the long run. We’ll all be dust and bones and these episodes will eventually be ruined by solar flares. Might as well tune in while your internal matter can make some sense of it all.
- The Ballad Of You, Me and Pooneil :: Jefferson Airplane
- We’ll Be Right Back :: Steinski & Mass Media
- Fake Adult :: The Great Luke Ski
- You Ready For The Sex Girls? :: The Gleaming Spires
- Guns and Roses :: Lana Del Ray
- Nothing Is Impossible :: Carole King
- Real Talk :: R. Kelly
- Hold On :: Yes
- Chanty :: The Village Bicycle
- Lucky Number :: Lene Lovich
- Roadrunner :: The Modern Lovers
- Affection :: Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
- My Affected Accent :: Jonathan Richman
- Of a Kind :: One
- I Saw My Dinner On TV :: John Hegley & The Popticians
- Stewardess :: SElf
- Trunk Fulla Amps :: SElf
- The Ghost In You :: Robyn Hitchcock
- The House At Pooneil Corners :: Jefferson Airplane
- Chat about The Real Congregation on the Nerdy Show forums!
- Call in and leave a voicemail for The Real Congregation’s fifth anniversary episode!
- Check out The Village Bicycle on Bandcamp!
- Get all the official dirt on Self!
- Our theme song is by The Evolution Control Committee!