Episode 181 :: E3 2014 – Day 1 – Nintendo’s Gamble, Disney Infinity, & Beyond
E3 has truly begun! The convention doors have been thrown open wide and we’ve raided the halls of valuable information and hands-on experiences.
We tried out Fable: Legends, Shape Up, Fantasia: Music Evolved, Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes, Apotheon, Broforce, and EarthNight. And we saw live demos of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Civilization: Beyond Earth, and TellTale’s Tales From The Borderlands.
Day 1 also marked Nintendo’s E3 Digital Event, the last of the pre-show conferences, where The Big N announced but a few of the current projects they’re working on and a number of new games. It’s a tricky time for Nintendo. Can they survive on Mario Kart and Smash Bros. alone, or will some of their latest announcements like the Amiibo figurines and the new IP Splatoon or the TBD Zelda and Star Fox entries sustain them? We share our thoughts on Nintendo’s future and our reactions to the new games.
- Tell us what you want us to check out at E3!
- All our E3 2014 coverage!
- Our previous years’ E3 coverage: E3 2010 | E3 2011 |E3 2012 | E3 2013
Buy a console, why don’t ya?
- The Nintendo E3 Digital Event
- Just what the heck is Amiibo?
- Pre-Order Super Smash Bros 3DS
- Pre-Order Super Smash Bros. Wii U
- Pre-Order Splatoon
- Pre-Order Yoshi’s Woolly World
- Pre-Order Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
- Pre-Order Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth
- Pre-Order Fantasia: Music Evolved
- Pre-Order Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes
- Pre-Order Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- Pre-Order Fable: Legends
- Pre-Order Shape Up