The Real Congregation :: The Ides Of Marc :: 03/04/14
Marc With a C returns to “the journey”. Said journey is a trip through his record collection in alphabetical order, and he plays you some highlights. In the time that this episode was recorded, Marc was checking out the “Bu” through “Ca” portion.
A relatively eclectic episode where Marc talks about 8-Tracks, a mysterious David Byrne album, and offers up a surprising admission about Captain Beefheart. Are you ready? We’re congregating now!
- Lloyd, I’m Ready To Be Heartbroken :: Camera Obscura
- So You Want To Be A Rock & Roll Star :: The Byrds
- The Jeep :: Carbon Whales
- Dreams Of The Everyday Housewife :: Glen Campbell
- Jazz ‘n’ Samba :: Charlie Byrd
- What A Day That Was :: David Byrne
- Abba Zaba :: Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
- You Don’t Have To Be A Baby To Cry :: The Caravelles
- Lucky One :: Cake Like
- Not The Tremblin’ Kind :: Laura Cantrell
- Bad Times (I Can’t Stand It) :: Captain Rapp
- St. Paul :: The Capstan Shafts
- Sleepcure Theory Advancer :: The Capstan Shafts
- The Vision Of Rassan :: Eric Burdon & War
- Chat about The Real Congregation on the Nerdy Show forums
- Watch a meditation on “Eight Miles High” by The Byrds
- Here’s Marc showing off some of his 8-Track collection
- The best documentary about 8-Track culture you’ll ever see, So Wrong They’re Right!
- “Sleepcure Theory Advancer” interpreted by Claire and The Potatoes
- Our theme song is by The Evolution Control Committee!