Episode 172 :: Moogfest Bound with Makers and Cyborgs
Our interview series leading up to Moogfest concludes!
Moogfest is a festival focused around electronic music with symposiums on futurism, art, and technology (April 23rd-27th, in Asheville, NC) and leading up to it, Nerdy Show has spoken with some of the incredible talent that’s been culled for this year’s event. In this episode we talk to the editor-in-chief of MAKE Magazine and founder of Boing Boing: Mark Frauenfelder, and Neil Harbisson of the Cyborg Foundation – the world’s first government-recognized cyborg!
Join Cap, Jon, and Hex as we learn about how Neil’s cyborg senses hear colors beyond human perception, the trails of becoming a cyborg, MAKE‘s panel on DIY instruments, Mark’s new project, Wink, which reviews books that can’t exist digitally, and other cool circuit-bending, body-hacking sci-tech goodness.
Nerdy Show Links:
- The RPG $upport Drive
- Our RPG character pitches
- Our Ghostbusters roleplaying podcast
- Movie Marathon: The Greg Weismanathon
- Space Coast Nerd Fest
- Hard Truths With Doug: Jar Jar > Chewie
- Hard Truths With Doug: Michael Bay’s TMNT
- Going to Moogfest? Let us know on the forums!
- Our Top 20 Nerdy Things of 2013
- Cyborg attacked at McDonalds
- Just say “No Fangs”
- Pick up some books by Forest Mims
- Learn about the Atari Punk Console
- Dr. Blankenstein
- Kind of Bloop – An 8-Bit Tribute to Miles Davis
- Wink Books
- The 2014 Moogfest circuit bending challenge
- Hex’s novel, Alan
- Learn more about Moogfest
- Our Moogfest episode with Futurama‘s David X. Cohen
- Our Moogfest episode with YACHT & Omni‘s Claire Evans
- Our coverage of Moogfest in previous years 2010 |2011