The Real Congregation :: An Eclectic Return :: 9/17/13
The Real Congregation is back! And hoo boy, if there’s a gamut, this episode will run it. From psychedelia to country to blacklisted tunes to strange records – We’ve got it all on this ‘un! Marc With a C is happy to bring them to you, and in-between? He’ll regale you with tales of the Robyn Hitchcock album he’s obsessing over, the mystery of Yma Sumac, and the most bizarre channel to ever grace cable television. Did you miss us?
- Lather :: Jefferson Airplane
- Longhaired Redneck :: David Allan Coe
- Up Against the Wall, Redneck Mothers :: Cracker
- Parking Lots :: Juliana Hatfield
- Bardo States :: Salvia Plath
- Sometimes I Wish I Was a Pretty Girl :: Robyn Hitchcock
- Uncorrected Personality Traits :: Robyn Hitchcock
- Now I’m a Farmer :: The Who
- If You Wanna Be Happy :: Bill Wyman
- Roaches :: Bobby Jimmy & The Critters
- Who Put the Benzedrine In Mrs. Murphy’s Ovaltine? :: Harry Gibson
- Remember :: Yma Sumac
- Little Dead Surfer Girl :: King Uszniewicz and the Uszniewicztones
- The Girl Is Mine (demo) :: Michael Jackson
- Jenny Not Any Dots :: Bunnygrunt
- I Often Dream Of Trains :: Robyn Hitchcock
- Chat about The Real Congregation on the Nerdy Show forums!
- Watch country legend David Allan Coe’s attempt at hip hop.
- Some video footage of Robyn Hitchcock performing “Uncorrected Personality Traits” in 2008
- Take a listen to the original Timex Social Club version of “Rumors”
- The video for Bobby Jimmy’s “Roaches” is an absolute classic.
- Our theme song is by The Evolution Control Committee!