Episode 137 :: State of the Empire – A Great Disturbance in the Force
Like a phoenix purging the lands to make way for new growth, Disney, the new rulers of the Star Wars franchise have rained fire down upon the Lucasfilm landscape. Will it be for better or for worse? Only time will tell. In this episode we mourn the loss of LucasArts and speculate over what could come of the new Star Wars gaming partnership with EA. There’s a lot of new developments and hints as to where Star Wars could be heading as the companies get structured and production gets underway. As always, we’ll attempt to put this puzzle together – and if the pieces don’t fit then dammit. we’ll make them fit!
Join Cap, Matt, Doug, and Ghostbusters: Resurrection‘s Nina for more Star Wars insights than you can shake a gaderffii at. We pick apart the rumored new animated series, Star Wars: Reclamation, that may bridge the gap between Jedi and Episode VII… if it’s not a hoax. We also speculate on new Star Wars developments at Disney parks, and, of course, Willow Watch!
- Previous State of the Empire episodes
- Kathleen Kennedy’s ScreenSlam interview
- Michael Arndt’s 2007 interview
- Harriosn Ford on Jimmy Kimmel
- Star Wars TV series rumors on Screen Rant
- TheForce.Net’s posting of the alleged TV document
- Read Brian Wood’s Free Comic Book Day Star Wars issue
- Pre-Order Brian Wood’s Star Wars Graphic Novel
- Timothy Zahn’s Thrawn Trilogy
- The episode with Jeremy Soule where we first discussed the loss of Lucasarts
- Nerdy Show’s Wiki