The Real Congregation :: For Your Mind Grapes :: 10/02/12
This week, Marc With a C plunders his record collection for the pleasure of your eardrums once again. He also shares a rather unpopular opinion about The Doors, refrains from slaughtering the French language and spins a tune that he was forbidden to play at WPRK. We’ve also got a special guest this week: Michael Melchor, head of the Count3rCu1ture pop culture web zine. We discuss his journalism, as well as the possibility of a sequel to Devin Townsend’s Ziltoid The Omniscient!
All this, plus our Strange Records Of The Week!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (298.1MB)
- Oh Johnny, Oh Johnny :: Wee Bonnie Baker & The Orrin Tucker Orchestra
- The Visitors :: ABBA
- I’m Kind Of Leaves :: Talking Mountain
- I’m Horny, I’m Stoned :: The Doors
- Sometimes :: Hooverphonic
- Jet Boy Jet Girl :: Elton Motello
- They Say Vision :: Res
- I Hate My Generation (Chris’s demo) :: Sloan
- Watch The Corners :: Dinosaur Jr.
- LA :: Neil Young
- Vaseline (demo) :: Meat Puppets
- Good Times Bad Times (2007 rehearsal) :: Led Zeppelin
- My Pussy Belongs To Daddy :: Faye Richmond
- I Tried It Everywhere :: Saul T. Peter
- Things Are Soft For Grandma :: Miss Dee
- Narrow Way :: Bob Dylan
- Chat about The Real Congregation on the Nerdy Show forums!
- Help Marc With a C release his new album, Popular Music!
- For more rare Meat Puppets goodies, visit Bostworld!
- Check out Mike Melchor’s Count3rCu1ture!
- Watch Led Zeppelin’s trailer for Celebration Day!
- Hear a bit more from My Pussy Belongs To Daddy. Link is obviously NSFW.
- Follow Marc With a C on Twitter!
- Like The Real Congregation on Facebook!
- Our theme song is by The Evolution Control Committee!