The Real Congregation :: The Full Twelve Inches (Part One) :: 02/28/12
After a gradual build, The Real Congregation (partially) completes their vinyl trilogy this week with a focus on the full monty: all twelve inches. (Records, of course). But since there’s just so many great records in the world, Marc & Nicole were unable to fit it all of these vinyl goodies comfortably into one more episode, so this is simply part one of this last installment… making it more of a “quadrilogy”, really.
So, can you handle it? We worked you in slowly with seven and ten inches, but now you’ll have to hang with twelve inches for two full weeks. We have faith in you, folks. You’re strong. You can take it.
All of these tracks were lovingly transferred from The Real Congregation’s own archives, so get ready for crackles, pops, end-of-side noise, as well as hearing Marc & Nicole sipping on the best wine that their local pharmacy has to offer!
- Komm Gib Mer Deine Hand :: The Beatles
- Heavenly Bank Account :: Frank Zappa
- Our Lips Are Sealed (live) :: The Go Go’s
- When Will You Die :: They Might Be Giants
- I Never Said I Was Deep :: Jarvis Cocker
- How To Pick Up Girls :: The Little Girls
- When The Party Ends (full band version) :: Saturday Looks Good To Me
- Untitled 1 :: The Dead Weather
- My Boyfriend Got A Beatle Haircut :: Donna Lynn
- Minus Two :: Fishboy
- Since I Fell For You (live) :: Tom Waits
- The Monkey Song :: Robyn & Crystal Bernard
- Bigfoot :: Buzz Martin
- I Can’t Get No Nookie :: The Masked Marauders
- How Does It Feel? :: Chubby Checker
- Chat about The Real Congregation on the forums!
- Nerdy Show’s “dickisode”: The Pen15 Club!
- Grab a snack and check out the history of trying to get You Are What You Is done correctly for CD.
- Marc googled the video for “How To Pick Up Girls” by The Little Girls so that you don’t have to!
- The Fishboy comic that explains the Albatross album can be found on each songs page here!
- See that infamous Buzz Martin album cover here.
- Read up on the whole sordid Masked Marauders legend here!
- Our theme song is by The Evolution Control Committee. Here’s their website!
- Hey, here’s The Real Congregation’s Facebook page!