Culture Minisode :: Rolling Like A Roosevelt
The Protomen and Freezepop, two legendary acts in the nerd music scene – awe-inspiring in their mutual varieties of rawk! We’ve interviewed both groups before, but yo it’s 2011 and there’s new poop to shoot. Nerdy Show had a chance to interview both bands as they embarked on recent and current tours about what they’ve been up to and what awesome they’ve been and are going to be deploying to the masses. With the help of our musical friends we also learn a little bit about what it’s like to be more than just a Boss… but what it takes to be a Roosevelt.
We also touch on nerd news and current events including the latest on Tron and a fundraising effort by another old pal, Pixelh8, to help Japan’s recovery after this month’s catastrophic turn of events.
Fire up this episode up and learn yo ass how to roll like a Roosevelt.
- Bare Knuckle Blitz (Axel – Streets of Rage) :: Willrock
- The Distance (Cake cover) :: Shael Riley & the Double Ice Backfire
- Light Up the Night :: The Protomen
- Danger Zone (Kenny Loggins cover) :: The Protomen
- Natural Causes :: Freezepop
- We Don’t Have Normal Lives :: Freezepop
- Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode cover) :: Untested Methods
- Current Affairs :: Pixelh8