Episode 23 :: Powering Up to ‘Palooza!
Someone set us up the bomb, ’cause this ish is about to explode! Nerdapalooza 2010 is this weekend and we’re MCing it! In order to power up for this momentous occasion we’re pre-gaming stating NOW on energy drinks and chili dogs in-between running obstacle courses for gold rings… basically gaining a starman infinity buzz that’s gonna last all weekend. If we seem distant it’s ’cause we’re on another realm fumbling around or Chaos Emeralds… What am I even talking about anymore? Hey! What the God damn is a “palooza” anyway? We’d better find out!
As part of our preparation we’ve been joined by the high-class nerd musician George Hrab, a prime figure in the skeptic music scene. He talks about some of the cool stuff he’s got in store for us at the festival, what being a “skeptic” is all about, and the importance of killer album art. RPG fans, get ready for an intense Dragon Quest IX review that will carpet bomb you with harsh truths as our man, Brandon picks apart this globally-anticipated game. Wash all that down with some wearable bacteria, lesbian mice, and video game industry drama.. and don’t blame us if you’ve got a raging hangover. SEE YA AT THE SHOW!
- The Hounds :: The Protomen
- Shrine of the Silver Monkey (ft. Steffo of My Parents Favorite Music):: MC COOL WHIP
- A Lot Like Me :: Schaffer the Darklord
- Geekquilibrium (FASTER Remix) :: Dr. Awkward
- Think For Yourself :: George Hrab
- Still More Fighting (Live at Nerdapalooza 2008) :: Random Encounter
- 2600 :: Positive Attitude
- Sea Monsters :: Captain Dan & the Scurvy Crew
- Undefeatable (ft. Emergency Pizza Party) :: ZeaLouS1
- Gowron Said Knock You Out – 2010 Edition :: the great Luke Ski
- On and On :: Kirby Krackle
- Nerdcore Rising (Live at Nerdapalooza 2009 ft. Beefy and MC Lars) :: MC Frontalot
- Nerdapalooza 2010 schedule
- Hex and Cap guest star on Overclocked After Dark – “Nerdy Show is Haunting Your Butt”
- See George Hrab crate the cover art for Trebuchet in time lapse
- George Hrab’s one man rendition of Yes’ “Owner of a Lonely Heart”
- Buy Hrab on CD Baby
- David Byrne’s article on album art
- Get Amber Lamps Shirts and Caps before they sell out at Nerdapalooza
- Kirby Krackle’s video for “On and On”
- Clothing made from bacteria
- Rob Spence, the director with a camera in his eye
- Tell FL Senator Bill Nelson to say NO to large lift rockets
- Tell your Senator to stick to the Obama NASA plan!