Episode 013 :: Dystopia
In the past, there was a vision of the future that was in ruins. There were also hover cars, laser guns, robits, and all kinds of awesome other stuff. That was future supposed to be yesterday. Where’s our goddamn dystopia?! Fortunately, The Protomen were more vague about when our ruined future will come. 200x could be anytime this century! When it finally comes it’ll be in all sorts of yummy flavors such as Strawberry Homicide Awareness and Pink Lemonade Rebreather – yum!
We talk about Blade Runner, Final Fantasy VII, Brazil, and other popular favorites from pop culture’s ruined tomorrows and we’re joined by THE PROTOMEN (all of ’em) for their second appearance on Nerdy Show. (Check out their first appearance back in Season 1). We also discuss the glorious comic book announcements made at C2E2 and Cap reports on what he saw at this year’s Major League Gaming Championship including interviews with two pro players, SK from the Halo 3 team, Triggers Down and ESAM the best Pikachu in Smash Brothers Brawl.
- Through the Herald and Flames :: The Ranger v. Dragonforce
- Anxious Hearts :: Jan Van Valburg and Stephen Kennedy
- Wake Up (It’s 1984) :: Oingo Boingo
- Secrets From the Future :: MC Frontalot
- I Will Repossess Your Heart :: Marc with a C
- Blink :: Snake Eyes
- Birdwater Highway :: Grand Buffet
- Clash of Eras 2A03 :: Kenogu Labz
- The Will of One :: The Protomen
- It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday :: The Protomen
- Father of Death :: The Protomen
- Ruby’s Rap :: Chris Tucker
- Brazil :: Geoff Muldaur